Sunday, July 7, 2013

Who's the Man?

I have a husband who loves to cook! Which works out best for both of us - because I just don't really like cooking  - but I do really enjoy grocery shopping and don't mind cleaning up (especially after one of his wonderful meals).


So when Mike is home in the mornings I am the lucky gal who is the recipient of a home cooked breakfast. He loves to experiment and has come up with quite a few amazing concoctions.This morning he went out to our garden (courtesy of a lot of hard work on his part and the Squarefoot Gardening book) and selected some chard, zucchini and chives. He also used beets from our garden that he had roasted the day before. In addition he pulled portobello mushrooms, onions, eggs, and bacon from the fridge.



He grabbed our electric skillet and sizzled up the bacon (I like it crispy!). Then using the bacon grease he grilled the mushrooms, onions and zucchini. Next up was frying the eggs - over medium -  and then warming the chard and already roasted beets. And then - drum roll please  - what came next was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had! He assembled - bottom up - the portobello mushroom, grilled onions, chard, egg, zucchini, bacon, beets and a sprinkling of chives.


The whole family loved it - even my little Mr. Picky Eater!

No comments:

Post a Comment