Monday, December 9, 2013

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Baliday!

About once ever 4-6 weeks three of us gal friends try a new restaurant for breakfast for a recurring event we call "International Breakfast." It all started when my friend Carol wanted me and our friend Ginny to join her at a restaurant that served a traditional Thai breakfast. We had so much fun trying new and different food items that we decided to search out other Los Angeles restaurants that served international cuisine. This past week we headed out to Little India in Artesia to try Northern
Indian food.


Since we had a little xtra time before the kids got out of school - we decided to do a bit of shopping.
You can't help but be dazzled by all the amazing colors and patterns in each of the shops!




The colorfully saturated textiles are just amazing. I loved the idea below where you patchwork together, via staple gun, different Indian Sari fabrics & trims to a doorway (or wall).



In one of the chotchki shops, hanging above the boxes of incense, kohl eyeliner packages and hookas were a bunch of brightly colored tinsel necklaces. I was told these were called phool malas and were necklaces worn at Hindu ceremonies and events. The colors were so vibrant and they were so inexpensive that I couldn't resist buying a few. I was pretty sure they would go great with my other holiday decorations!



When I got home I found the perfect spot for them! I draped them around the mirror in our 
dining room.

Now I might have to hit up Little Toyko and Chinatown to see what else I can use for Christmas!
Merry Christmas and Happy Baliday!

No comments:

Post a Comment