I found an awesome dragon headpiece at the thrift store that jump-started our creative process as it was a family affair! Quinn wanted it to be comfortable so we found a pair of black sweatpants and a black turtle neck at the thrift store. Then I raided our fabric bin and found bits and pieces of red, silver and black material that we cut into dragon scale shape pieces. Using fabric glue from Michael's I glued on each scale in rows - alternating the colors. We already had the wings that Quinn had designed from a costume a few years ago. He had drawn the wings on paper and Mike had blown them up and cut them out of super thick black cardboard. The only thing left was to add a face mask to the dragon. We found a horse felt mask pattern on Etsy. Horse Mask Pattern
Mike altered it to look more like a dragon and then sewed it to the headpiece I had found. And ROOARRR we have a spectacular dragon costume that Quinn couldn't be more excited about to wear!